Did you know that 19 VCCS colleges* and the System Office subscribe to Atomic Learning and have access to online training on over 250 applications, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps, and Blackboard Learn, as well as a series of student-focused workshops on the effective use of technology? Atomic Learning also offers training on assistive technology and 508 compliance to help colleges create a barrier-free campus; skill assessments to help gauge the knowledge and skills of both instructors and students; career skills modules that provide the soft skills training needed for academic and career growth, and much much more.
To learn more about how you can put Atomic Learning to work for you, please register for a series of valuable training sessions, hosted by Atomic Learning and the VCCS. These sessions will explore Atomic Learning’s vast library of online learning resources and address how these resources can meet the specific needs of VCCS faculty and staff in particular campus roles: faculty, of course, as well as instructional designers, instructional technologists, help desk and student services staff, human resources staff, and college train-the-trainers. During these sessions, you will not only learn more about the rich catalog of online learning resources available to you, but also hear about success stories, learn best practices, and have the opportunity to ask questions.
Each hourlong session will begin at 11:00 a.m on Friday and tailored for a specific audience (see the list below). However, all VCCS faculty and staff* are welcome to join any or all of the sessions they want.
- September 4: Instructional Designers/Technologists
- September 18: Help Desk
- October 2: Faculty
- October 16: Human Resources
- November 20: Train-the-trainers
- December 18: Student Services
* currently, CVCC, DCC, LFCC, and NRCC do not participate in the VCCS’s Atomic Learning subscription. While faculty and staff from these colleges will not be able to access the Atomic Learning resources in Blackboard Learn, they are still welcome to participate in any of the above webinar sessions.
Register for Atomic Learning Training